Vandrevala Foundation has been working in the field of mental health since 2009. It was the first in the country to offer a 24x7 helpline manned by psychologists. Currently, we can be contacted from India and abroad through voice calls, mail, Chat and WhatsApp Chats.
Before we start
Before starting your therapy, it is important to know what to expect, and to understand your rights as well as commitments. This consent form is an attempt to be as transparent with you as we can about the counselling process, so you are fully informed prior to starting your journey.
eCounseling to Counseling
Counseling is a way to help people experiencing significant emotional distress that is coming in the way of them being physically well, enjoying personal relationships or working productively. The aim is to help you alleviate the distress experienced and to improve the quality of your life. Our first few sessions will involve an evaluation of your needs. By the end of the evaluation, your mental health practitioner will work with you to create a treatment plan/therapy goal. The evaluation might last from 2 to 3 sessions. During the initial evaluation, your counselor may recommend you take some formal assessments which will help inform the counselor about the counseling requirements and goals in a detailed manner. If we agree to begin counseling, we will usually schedule one session per week, at a time. We agree that some sessions may be longer or more frequent. This will be an audio and video/audio-based e-Counselling. Messaging apps, chats and emails will not be available on this platform.
The scope of our services
Certain concerns (such as severe thoughts of suicide or self-harm, or extreme Bipolar mood swings)might not be suitable for counselling via an online medium. If this is the case, our counselor will discuss it with you and make sure that you receive a referral to another professional who is able to see you for a face-to-face session. Advice given by the Counsellor is purely from the discussion/ inputs received from you Also, if any legal proceedings are involved, (such as but not limited to, divorce and custody disputes, injuries, lawsuits, etc.), neither you, nor anyone else acting on your behalf can call us to testify in court or at any other proceeding, nor can disclosure of the psychotherapy records be requested. On our platform, we also have services of a select psychiatrist and if required you can opt to consult them through our platform.
Recommended technical equipment for video consultation
· The video and/ or consultation over call module is designed to work on both desktops and mobile. However, it is recommended that you use a desktop/laptop with a high-resolution camera and a functional mic.
· When the system prompts that video and or mic need to be accessed for video consultation, please grant the permissions, otherwise, obviously, you will not be able to do the consultation.
· If using mobile, COPY & PASTE the link sent to you in the ‘Google Search Bar’ on your android device or in the Chrome browser, if installed on your mobile phone.
· Video/Audio consultation is supported on the latest version of Chrome /Edge/ Firefox browser on devices with Windows 10 or newer version of Windows, IOS (10.4 or higher) /Android 10 or newer operating system. There are continuous advancements in operating systems and browsers. Please ensure you have a newer version installed
· Your device (Computer/laptop/Android phone/iPhone) should be connected with good quality internet speed to support voice and video,
Certain situations, including emergencies and crises, are inappropriate for audio/video/computer-based counselling services. If you are in crisis or in an emergency, you should immediately seek help from a counsellor at our free helpline (Phone number 9999666555) who are available24x7 to facilitate you in identifying any other helpline or hospital or health care facility in your immediate area, and we cannot be your emergency contact. We urge you to have an emergency contact identified prior to the initiation of our services.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
· Fees paid for counselling session booked with Vandrevala Foundation are refundable if the booking is cancelled by customer up to 3 hours prior of scheduled start time of counselling session.
· Customer can also reschedule the counselling session up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled start time of counselling session.
· If the customer fails to cancel asper above clauses and doesn’t attend the counselling session at the scheduled time, then the customer shall not be eligible for refund of fees or rescheduling.
· Refund shall be made through the mode in which the payment was made by the customer to the Foundation and will be subject to the payment service providers terms and conditions.
· If the customer is unhappy with the service provided by the counsellor in the counselling session, then the customer should rate and give feedback within 2working days through link which is sent to customer on completion of the session. The Foundation shall review and respond as soon as possible.
· For any other feedback, the customer can send an email at email@example.com